Skip to main content

Benson (N.C.)

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Scope Note: Benson is named for an early settler Alfred Monroe ("Mim") Benson. In 1874 Alfred Mim Benson purchased a 402 acre tract of land on the Smithfield-Fayetteville road. In the 1880s he sold tracts to settlers and then in 1886 a railroad line was established that ran between Fayetteville and Contentnea. The Town of Benson was incorporated in 1887.

Found in 165 Collections and/or Records:

Benson Review, November 1942 - December 1945

 Item — Reel 9, item: BenBR-7
Identifier: BenBR-7
Scope and Contents From the Sub-Series:

The first six reels correspond to the continuous publication of the Benson Review from January 1925 to December 1930. The seventh reel contains the publication from November 1942 to December 1945.

Dates: Publication: November 1942 - December 1945

Benson Review, 1973, 1974

 Item — Reel 2
Scope and Contents From the Sub-Series:

The first six reels correspond to the continuous publication of the Benson Review from January 1925 to December 1930. The seventh reel contains the publication from November 1942 to December 1945.

Dates: Publication: 1973, 1974

Benson School, Miss Mann's Fourth Grade Class , 1930-31

 Item — Box P170-P351, Folder: 10, item: p-0283
Identifier: p-0283
Scope and Contents From the Series:

This collection consists of individual photographs that have been donated, copied and preserved by the Johnston County Heritage Center. Many of these are portrait photographs of individuals and families.

Dates: 1930-31

Benson School prior to circa 1909 , undated

 Item — Box P170-P351, Folder: 13, item: p-0334
Identifier: p-0334
Scope and Contents From the Series:

This collection consists of individual photographs that have been donated, copied and preserved by the Johnston County Heritage Center. Many of these are portrait photographs of individuals and families.

Dates: undated

Benson School - Students (Unidentified), Undated

 Item — Box P455-P550, Folder: 5, item: p-0504
Identifier: p-0504
Scope and Contents From the Series:

This collection consists of individual photographs that have been donated, copied and preserved by the Johnston County Heritage Center. Many of these are portrait photographs of individuals and families.

Dates: Undated

Benson School (Unidentified) , 1909-1911

 Item — Box P352-P454, Folder: 3, item: p-0394
Identifier: p-0394
Scope and Contents From the Series:

This collection consists of individual photographs that have been donated, copied and preserved by the Johnston County Heritage Center. Many of these are portrait photographs of individuals and families.

Dates: 1909-1911

Benson School Wood-Frame Building Later Known as "Dixie House", undated

 Item — Box P1181-P1357, Folder: 2, item: p-1206
Identifier: p-1206
Scope and Contents

The Benson School building was built pre-1920's

Dates: undated

Benson Service Station (Texaco), circa 1930s (?)

 Item — Box P1702-P1847, Folder: 1, item: p-1742
Identifier: p-1742
Scope and Contents From the Series:

This collection consists of individual photographs that have been donated, copied and preserved by the Johnston County Heritage Center. Many of these are portrait photographs of individuals and families.

Dates: circa 1930s (?)